Wednesday 22 July 2015

Snowdonia Trek Carnedds Autumn and Summer

Today Al and I continued our trek around Snowdonia by walking from Llanfairfechan to Bethesda.

It was raining when we started and barely stopped for the first 5 hours. There was a strong cold wind too. I put my fleece hat, neck warmer and gloves on. It was like a wet Autumn walk.

Not many photo opportunities for my Mamiya 7 film camera. Just took a few on my Moto-X phone.

Thankfully it brightened up later and was a proper summer afternoon, from Carnedd Llewellyn onwards. Managed 2 rolls of Ilford 400 Delta 120 film, 20 exposures mid to late afternoon.

We took our time with the last bit which was sunny. It took us 9 hours to cover the 14 miles with over 6000 feet of ascent and 6 peaks, the last 2 being proper mountains in their own right, the first 4 were blips on the ridge.
View from Drum

Cloud View

Carnedd Dafydd and beyond

Tryfan and the Glyders

View to North Wales Coast

No comments:

Post a Comment